Tuesday, March 07, 2006

the neurologist and my fat ass


Persephone's visit to the neurologist went well. So far, she's not showing any signs of brain damage from her blood and oxygen loss at birth. He said that if she'd suffered any neurological consequenses, she'd probably be showing them by now. She is still having an EEG and will have to have a follow-up appointment in May, as there's still a chance she'll show some problems at later developmental stages. I sincerely hope that Joe finds a job with insurance by then as we can not afford the $450 a visit fees and I am not into the idea of Medicaid.




The in-laws took me non-maternity clothes shopping. I am now very very fat. Not to whine but I'd probably be a lot closer to my original size six if we were back home in the warmth, where I could be taking the baby out for stroller walks, instead of in the frozen fucking North.
I love that Persephone can be close to her paternal grandparents but that is the only thing that I don't hate about being here.
Right now I'd love to get my hands on every single mother-fucker in Congress that voted against building up our levees and restoring the wetlands and barrier islands. These are the same bastards who approved the bridge to nowhere in Alaska.




I'm now just a few supplies away from getting back to making my Voodoo dolls. It will be nice to feel productive and start bringing in money again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home